CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 21, 2014

My Joy!

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55: 8 & 9

When I face roadblocks in my life I find peace in these words.

When I face trials in my life I find courage in these words.

When I am filled with joy in my life I find celebration through these words.

If you would have asked me a few years ago how this verse made me feel I would have told you that it was nice and comforting.  But my relationship with Jesus has been strengthened in so many ways between then and now that when I read God's word I feel as though I am having a conversation over a hot cup of coffee with my best friend.  Or hearing stories of the good 'ol days from my husband.  This is not religion for me.  To me, Jesus is not a person who did good things and I look highly upon.  He is my everything, He is my first.  The deep relationship I now have with him is so much stronger than any other relationship in my life.  He is the only one who can truly console me.  He is the only one who can bring me unwavering peace.  He is the one who gives me life and gives me much joy.

There is nothing like this relationship. There is nothing like His hope.  He saved me.  He came on this earth, lived the perfect life, bore all my shame and took on my sin by dying on the cross so that I might live with my Father, my best friend, my most sacred relationship for eternity.  Oh, how thankful I am that I have that hope.  For I am broken, but my hope is that only light shines through those broken pieces of my life.  For my pain and my heartache will never outweigh my joy through Him. How thankful I am that I am filled to the brim with joy this evening.  Watch out neighbors….I'm doing the HAPPY dance! Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment