CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 28, 2012

It Ain't Suga' Plums & Roses

Here's some great advice I have learned and continue to remind myself of.  There's no sense in complaining to others- half the time their thinking how they can one up you and the other half they are wishing they could talk about the good in life rather than the bad in yours.

I'll just be honest right now there is a lot I could complain about.  I'm sure you can imagine with two kids 12 months a part, a new business, a very large yard :) and just life in general my list of complaints can get quite long some days.  BUT just as I'm writing this I think about.....
The woman who has TWINS AND a toddler
A friend of mine who has been through more tragedy the last few years than I will probably see in a lifetime.
The one who goes to sleep each night aching for their little boy who is still thousands of miles away
The grandma who can't remember what day it is or what she was planning on doing 10 minutes ago
The mom who has a full time job, teaches at the University, has a speaking engagement at least once a month, stays up all night with her grandkids to give her daughter a chance to get rest and still manages to keep her home looking like it's out of a Pottery Barn magazine

The list could go on and on.  The fact is there is always something to complain about in life.  Like they say- Life ain't always suga' plums and roses, but by golly sometimes it's waterfalls and little white chapels.  Sometimes it's my lil man wrapping his sweet little arms around my neck and patting my back.  Sometimes it's someone telling me I'm a good mom.  Sometimes it's looking out my window at my oh so gorgeous husband on his John Deere.  Sometimes it's realizing my in laws love me like their own.  Sometimes it's a helping hand when I have nothing to give in return.  Sometimes life is so real and so close to heaven I can feel God's hand in mine and Him saying, "I trust you.  I trust you with all these precious things I've given you."

So why complain?  Why remind ourselves of the bad when there is OH SO MUCH GOOD! I'm reminded tonight that I AM LOVING LIFE!  I am so thankful for the blessings I've been given and in those times when I begin the play out the complaints in my mind I pray I will start crossing them off and writing down my blessings next to them. For that list is never ending each and every day.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, Bri. My grandmother, my dad's mom was the wife of a Southern Baptist Preacher in SE Kentucky and the mother of 12. She would say: "and some people complain about the weather..." meaning if that's all you have to complain about, you don't have anything to complain about. I think about that a lot. You are a precious girl. :):)

    ReplyDelete