CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend-Signing OFF!

My Mother's Day weekend was filled with lots of fun and many blessings.  We had such an exciting open house (Saturday Showcase) on the 12th.  It was really exciting to see all the people who came out to see the new improvements at Still Water Hollow.  I couldn't help but smile as I saw many of our couple's strolling around the property dreaming and picturing their special day here.  What a true honor it is to have a hand in helping create a beautiful and peaceful atmosphere for those making such a sacred commitment. We have always prayed that people would feel God's presence when they step foot on this land and when I heard comments like, "We just don't want to leave." "It's so peaceful here." "Everyone is so joyful." "There's just something about this place."  I knew that something was Christ and how exciting it will be to see those who don't know Him begin to experience His love in a real tangible way, here.

So even though Saturday was amazing it took a lot of time away from my kiddo's.  There were three days straight that they were being passed from one babysitter to the next and even a few weeks before that where my attention was always distracted from focusing on them.  My gift to them on Mother's Day was to actually be their Mother.  I shut off my phone, I didn't check my email, didn't check Facebook and just loved on them.  It was the most perfect day!

I have decided I am going to start doing that every Sunday.  There's nothing more that I want than to be a mom and when I spend so much time being distracted it's only hurting my relationship with my kids in the long run.  There were several times on Sunday that I thought, "Oh I should post that cute picture on Facebook of Ryker.  That's what a good mom would do.  I should update my status to "loving spending time with my kids on Mother's Day!"  That's what a good mom would do."  Then I realized a good mom would just do it!  She would live in the moment that that photo would speak of.  She would actually love spending time with her kids on Mother's Day so much that nothing could distract her from that- so that's what I need to start doing.  I get way too caught up in this social media world!  What did they do without email, status updates, blog posts, twitter feeds?  Were there still good moms out there even though they couldn't post anything about how much they love their kids?  YES!  I know this because my mom was an incredible mom and she never did those things while I was growing up.  The times I knew she loved me the most weren't when she told everyone else about it, but when she showed me how much she loved me by putting me first and all other things aside.

So, here I am blogging about the fact that I don't need to blog, facebook or twit my love for my kids.  Ironic eh? Well, I guess I'm just preparing the world for my social media faux paw- I'll be signing off every Sunday.  If there's an emergency you'll probably have to call me 5 times in order for me to answer.  It's not that I don't love you all-it's just that I love being a mom even more!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful plan. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! So true and wise! Thank you for sharing this very important insight - I hope every young momma reads this and is encouraged to do the same...savor the moments! :)

    ReplyDelete