CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 21, 2011

Hitting my knees

My boy is sick for the first time and this is not something I was prepared for.  He is so tiny and we can't do much to help him.  We get a cold and shove zycam up our nose or take a dose of tylonol.  I just have to watch him cough his way through it.  He looks up at me with his big brown eyes in desperation, as if to say, "mom, please help."  I'm not getting a lot of sleep because I'm checking to see if he's breathing, or I'm quickly sitting him up as he coughs.  The sleep can wait though.  It's just emotionally exhausting feeling so helpless.  I know every mother faces this time and I'm sure those of you who are reading this understand where I'm coming from, or wish I would stop whinning.  This all puts in perspective parents who have to watch their children go through very painful things (surgeries, illnesses, etc.).  I have much respect for them because I'm about to have a melt down over a cold.  I'm just saying I completely understand why my mom always looked like she was in more pain than I was everytime I was sick or hurt.  I'm guessing since I have a boy there will be many more sick nights, hospital visits and that desperate look in his eye.  I just never realized how hard it would be to be the strong one. 

Praying God makes this stuffy nose and cough go away.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment