CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Close Call

When you receive a phone call and can hear the heart monitor beating in the back ground and your moms first words are, "He's ok, but..." your heart tends to begin sinking.  Last night I got that phone call after my brother had been in a snowboarding accident that left him unconcsious for over 5 minutes.  Thankfully, he is recovering well and there were no life threatening injuries, all because he was wearing his helmet!  I'm so proud that he is a responsible kid!

I just have to say my brother and I have one of those unspoken love kind of relationships.  Of course my mind went to, "When did I tell him I loved him last?  When did I give him a hug and tell him how awesome he is?"  The answer to both of those questions was, "too long."  I'm not sure he'd appreciate me gushing over him every day though.  By the off chance that he reads this someday I hope he can tell how much he means to me.   I wasn't always the best sister.  I am 7 years older than him and I sure picked on him a lot, ignored him a lot and tried to steal the lime light a lot.  I wish I could take back the sister I was when we were kids, but I hope I've somehow made up for it as I've grown out of my selfish ways.  He means the world to me and I could not be more thankful that he is my brother.  He is a great Uncle and I am really glad my little man is going to be able to look up to him because he will be a great role model.  He has made really good choices in life and I can only imagine what God has in store for his future.  My brother can make everyone laugh and he is total guy all the way through.  He can get through a store within 5 minutes (shopping line included) and there's no sense in talking to him about mushy stuff.

If you can't tell I love my brother....if you can't tell I love you bud.  I hope you know that and I pray you never wonder if that is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment