CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Time

Do you ever wonder what God cares about?  When I take a step back I realize how much time and energy people put into things of this world and how flustered, angry and distraught they become over these same things.   I'm not saying I don't do the same.   I'm probably one of the worst offenders.  What if....just what if we put that same time and energy into spreading the good news?   What if we spent our days contemplating how we could walk up to that lady at work that spreads depression like poison ivy, and tell her there is hope?   How about I spend two hours to sit down and write a letter to a friend and tell them how having a relationship with Jesus Christ could transform their life and give them a new meaning and understanding of joy, peace, love, grace.  I wonder how the statistics of our worlds most political issues would stack up to the statistics of how many people leave this world never knowing of God's love, even though they were surrounded by His children?   Can any of this even be compared? How fulfilling it would be if I spent more time fighting for His Kingdom than fighting for matters of this world.  

My life has been changed, not once, but daily because of the relationship I have with God.   Why daily?  Because I mess up a lot.   I get caught up in the hours of sleep I didn't get, the things I didn't get to do, the people I had to "put up with", on and on and on and on.   Thankfully I can rest in the fact that God already knows I'm not perfect and that I never have to be because I never will be.   What matters to him is that I seek him.   He is jealous for my time, my willingness to become more like Him.    "I want to be better.   I don't like who I am.   I feel helpless."  The only way to be more like Him is to spend time with Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment