CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

National Adoption Month

A few years ago I probably couldn't have told you that November was National Adoption Month, but today it is a month that is incredibly dear to my heart.  My husband and I are in the process of having our first baby through adoption.  We have finished all the paper work and are now just waiting for that phone call that our baby is coming :)

What struck me today is that we are all adopted.  Christ talks in the bible about how we are adopted into His Kingdom as His children.  What a beautiful example of adoption.  He chose us, he wants our love and He wants us to be a part of His family.  In the same way, we choose to receive Him, we choose to love Him and choose to love Him as our Father. 

One of my favorite Bible stories is of Esther. I love her faithfulness to Christ, but I also love the amazing love her father had for her and the sacrifices she was willing to make for him and him for her. 
Mordecai adopted an orphan he named Esther, as his own child. He loved her, raised her carefully, and she was a good and obedient daughter even into adulthood. (Esther 2:7)
I'm so thankful for the picture God paints for us of adoption.  It was not made to be different or strange....it is one more way God created to bring families together.  It's how we have a Father in Christ and we become children of God and it's a way He gives adults the gift of children and children the gift of parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment