CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 1, 2010

Ready for the Holidays

Halloween has just passed and I am so excited for the Holidays to begin.  This is my favorite time of the year.  I love Holiday Bazaar's, Black Friday, Gathering around the table with good food and wonderful family, Christmas music, our nativity, and humbly remembering the amazing love God has for me.

This last weekend we had a great Halloween weekend.  I got off work early on Friday and we headed straight up to McCall for a gig we were playing up there.  It was a fundraiser for the Shepherd's Home and the theme, of course, was Halloween.  There were some amazing costumes and the whole band dressed up :)  VP and Kyle were two black eyed peas in and ipod, Englehorn was Good along with me (Charlie) and Ty (Maverick) from Top Gun, and Troy was a skunk. We had so much fun and ended up closing down the party with music playing and enjoying some Ste. Chappelle wine.  It was such a fun night with good friends and my sweet Hubby.  Saturday I played my first gig with Desirae Bronson and we had a blast!  There was a line, outside of the Downtown Flatbread, filled with crazy costumes.  We found ourselves debating weather or not we should tell some of the Halloween goer's that it was not OK to be wearing what they were, but we decided against it.  Sunday was filled with Grandma's yummy beef stew, family, cute kids trick or treating and spending an hour trying to get Oakley down the stairs.  He was a little afraid.  Apparently I have failed him by not teaching him how to conquer the small mountain all on his own. 

Overall a fun weekend and it's just getting me even more excited for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment